As of July 1, 2023, what was once the Private Diagnostic Clinic became Duke Health Integrated Practice and part of the Duke University Health System.
In April 2022, DHIP physician members voted to endorse a motion to co-create a new Duke Health Integrated Practice (DHIP) within Duke University Health System, after operating as a separate, for-profit partnership company since its inception nearly a century ago.
The Duke Health Integrated Practice (DHIP) is a new clinical practice model that exists within DUHS. Physician members will become employees of this new, physician-led entity, and will integrate the most effective aspects of both organizations. DHIP also places special emphasis on including principles of diversity, equity and inclusion into a culture that thrives and puts its people first.
Through DHIP, Duke Health are more strategically aligned and better equipped to improve access and grow while being able to recruit and retain the top providers and staff both now and long into the future.
For more information about this transition, click here.
OUR MISSION Advancing Health Together
OUR VISION Deliver Tomorrow's Health Care Today
At a Glance
DHIP has a responsibility to:
- Provide its patients with access to and delivery of high quality, evidence-based care
- Empower its physicians by providing a supportive and well-functioning environment in which to practice medicine
- Seek innovative, affordable, and effective solutions that improve patient outcomes and ensure the long-term financial security of the practice
- Treat its employees with respect and dignity, and to recognize their accomplishments
- Serve its community by being good citizens and provide accessible, affordable health services to its neighbors
Operational and Support Services
DHIP administration strives to provide a supportive, efficient and well-functioning work environment that allows its members to focus on the practice and advancement of medicine. Operational and support services include:
- Human Resources
- Benefits and Retirement Plans
- Clinic Management
- Quality and Safety Accreditation and Oversight
- Information Technology
- Medical Staff Recruitment
- Provider Integration/Onboarding
- Financial Billing, Collections and Reporting
- Legal Representation, Malpractice
- Patient Scheduling
- Patient Relations
- Communications and Marketing
—Surgical Technician, Duke Gastroenterology Brier Creek
—Ambulatory Charge Nurse, Duke Gastroenterology of Raleigh
—Health Center Administrator, Southeastern Orthopedics Shoulder Center
—Athletic Trainer, Duke Orthopaedics Heritage
—Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor, Head and Neck Surgeon, Neurotologist, Otologist; Duke Otolaryngology South Durham